Community NursingCommonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
About Community Nursing
Otway Health’s Community Nursing service works with you to help restore your quality of life and maintain the best level of health and independence that you can reach.
How it works
Once registered with My Aged Care, a Living at Home Assessment will be carried out by a Regional Assessment Officer where your needs are documented and a Care Plan is developed with you, your family member, or advocate.
Your Care Plan will include details of the CHSP funded Community Nursing services which Otway Health will deliver, to assist you with maintaining your health and independence.
The regularity of this service, as well as fees and tasks to be undertaken are determined with you during your Living at Home Assessment.
Services we offer
Services that we can assist you with include:
- providing an assessment of your nursing needs
- assistance with medication and advice on other treatments
- specialised health care knowledge so that you can make informed decisions about your health care
- clinical care and support to you following hospitalisation or other episodes of illness
- advanced care planning
- wound care (dressings and treatment of any wounds to your skin)
Palliative Care Services
We can also provide coordinated health care and support for people who have a terminal illness. This may include:
- symptom management and pain control
- general nursing care
- arranging equipment for use in the home
- arranging counselling for you or your family
- referrral to external services
- on-call service after hours
Monday – Friday.
How to apply
Register with My Aged Care to determine your eligibility for this service.